the surrender- a letter home

Pops,
Today is a sad day I will remember for all my life. We have finally had to surrender to them tanks up in the north. After all these battles, I am surprised that I have even survived some of these bloody battles we have endured. At saylors creek we had to retreat the entire battle, we didn’t even stand a chance. About 1/3 of Lee’s army surrendered, and it was soon to be over for all of us. I am sad to say that we have lost this war, because it has ruined our way of life, and the dirty union has only preserved theirs. But this isn’t over yet. I have heard rumors about not treating them blacks the same, just so that they know that it was out way of life. I’m sorry to bear this bad news.
Your son

Fred

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popular Songs for the Feds

!862 Parody to "I Lived"