enlistment blog

dear dad and Amelia,

I just got recruited into the army and I have arrived at my new barracks at the time of this letter being written. I am sorry I did not say good bye when I left. I did not have the heart to tell you I was leaving. But I am honored to fight the north who are imposing on our right to own slaves. Blacks seem happy enough, slavery must be ok. so who are these northerners to tell us not to have slaves. I am learning how to use my rifle today. the south says we need to make every bullet count so we do not run out of resources. They just gave me my cartridge Box today along with my rifle so I can practice loading my rifle quicker than the enemy. I am hoping to get transferred to the floating battery and help my brothers in arms keep fort Sumter safe from the northern invaders. Or I might want to get transferred to cavalry so I can get my own horse. I will send more letters soon I love yall very much and hope to see you soon.








                                                                                                sincerely, James brooks





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popular Songs for the Feds

A Nation Divided Poem