1863 blog

Dear Dad and Amelia,

The war is not going great anymore, I know I have been telling you how great the war has been going, but it is not going well any longer. I was unfortunate enough to have to fight in the battle of Gettysburg. I know I'm only a foot soldier and not very high in the army but I could tell there was a lot of tactics going on that day. I think we made to fatal mistakes that caused us to lose this battle. One  is that we shouldn't have been there in the first place, we had had many victories over the summer  and where tiring those feds out so it was unnecessary for us to push into their soil. Another mistake was when that gap was open in the union army we did not press it, we could have split their army in half but instead we were badly beaten. I saw many friends die around me and was lucky to escape. I hope this war ends soon and I can see y'all then




                                                                                                         much love, Corporal Brooks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popular Songs for the Feds

A Nation Divided Poem