Blog Post- 1865

March 13,  1865
Ivarene-
          It is done, we have lost the battle. I'm so sad to have said this, yet we put up a good fight, and I will be returning home soon. Im lucky to be alive- thousands of dead bodies lay on the battle fields waiting to buried.  After Richmond was defeated, we fled, with the Union troops outnumbering us following close behind. We had no other choice but to surrender at Saylor's Creek. A treaty was made at Appomattox Courthouse. Lincoln's 2nd Inaugurated Address happened a few weeks ago. He wants to bring our states back to the union- it was odd though, there was a weird feeling in the air from the Union- it was almost forgiving. Well so what, I don't care that we have been defeated, or that that ol Lincoln is President again but he will never have my respect. I hope to see you and the kids very soon, and have missed yall so much.
                                                                                               Sincerely,
                                                                                                   Flash 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popular Songs for the Feds

!862 Parody to "I Lived"