Enlistment Blog

April 16, 1861
Dear Father and Mother,
       I am proud to announce to both of you that I have just been enlisted as a Private soldier in the Confederacy. I am doing very well. I have been loving the Field Army, and have enjoyed it very much.Fred has been doing well and has been getting a lot of work done. I love what I do, it really has been a pleasure to work for the confederacy. Sometimes I get short temper with those damn Notrtherners, but it won’t stop me from loving my job. I hope all is going well back home. I miss you both. I will try to write as much as I can. I will also try and visit as soon as possible.

                                                              Sincerely,
                                                                       Andy Hatfield  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popular Songs for the Feds

A Nation Divided Poem