Enlistment Blog

April, 25 1861
My dears't Ivarine,

         I know you will be happy to know that i have just been in-listed in the Confederate Army. I'm glad to be fightin for a cause i really believe in-those slaves woodn't last a chance without us, no way should thay be able to roam the streets freely!That damn Lincoln has called up an army of 75,000. I wonder who our Luitenent general will be. 'Heard that Lincoln asked Robert E. Lee to lead the Union but he wouldn't. Once all these folks realize the truth that slavery is needed we can go back to are normal life's maybe we can even buy a slave of our very own. We've already got some support in thos border states- they fired on Union soliders marchin to D.C. to try and stop them. Lost a few men-'Bout 11 in total. Hope fully that ol Lincoln will have trobles gettin all those volunteers. That evil man makes my blood boil. I miss you and the kids so much, hopefully i can return home soon. 
               Sincerely,
                 Flash Perkins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popular Songs for the Feds

A Nation Divided Poem